All right, guys… It’s Labor Day Weekend – which is the last important grilling holiday of the year. Do your best to not end up in the emergency room, OK?
To help you, some firefighters from Philadelphia drew upon their years of experience and have come up with a list of vital safe grilling tips:
- Do not wear loose fitting clothing while cooking.
- Keep kids away from the grill. Never, ever, let them light it.
- Keep your grill off wooden porches and decks.
- Never store your spare gas cylinder under or near the grill. And, keep them out of your house.
- Always turn off the valves when not in use.
- And, to guard against the possibility of damage or explosion, burners, tubing, and piping should be clean and free from insects, dust, and debris.
Read more: ABC News