Here are a few of my fav sites.
For Pet Owners a Must Read:
www.entirelypets.com/toxicfoods.html - this site will tell you all things toxic for your pets. Some will surprise you, like did you know a grape or raisin can kill your dog?
www.truthorfiction.com/ - You know all those e-mails that spread like wildfire but seem a bit too unbelievable?! ie; 'a special new spider that waits to attack you from underneath toilet seats'... or 'watch out for needles on gas pump handles'! Well this site will clue you in as to whether they are Truth or Fiction. I always go there now before forwarding any email to friends that way none of us look foolish :)
www.gardenersnet.com/ - Another must-log-onto site for gardeners. Any query you may have can most likely be answered here.
imdb.com/ - Okay how many times have you been chatting w/someone and either you or they are trying to remember; the name of an actor, what movie they were in, who directed a picture, or even who did the soundtrack. This site will instantaneously answer all those questions and more. Also a great cheat site to prepare for an upcoming game of Scene It!!
www.letssaythanks.com/ Really great way, and super fast too, to say thank you to our troops. Just log on, pick a card to send and a message to include and Xerox will send the card to a soldier absolutely FREE!!! After all it wouldn't be home of the free without the brave; let's thank the troops for thier incredible bravery and show how much we appreciate them and thier sacrifices.
Even if you think what you're about to read below is crazy...let me at least encourage you to use Frank's Red Hot Sauce for your Buffalo style chicken wings.
I grew up in Orchard Park a suburb of Buffalo and can tell you if you want the authentic taste, that's what they use! It's got the best flavor around and isn't really hot, just full of flavor!
Don't be misled by the pic above...this is not just a regular cupcake with a wing sitting on top. This recipe has hot sauce and blue cheese in the cake part...and I know to some this may sound horrid, but BLUE CHEESE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING!!!
Here's the recipe if you'd like to give them a try:
Yield: 10 cupcakes
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup hot sauce. Frank's Red Hot is the classic choice.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
For the blue cheese buttercream frosting:
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan on medium-high heat, heat hot sauce and butter until butter is melted.
- Add the blue cheese and mix periodically until blue cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg.
- Once the hot sauce mixture is cool enough to touch, mix the sour cream mixture into the hot sauce mixture.
- In another small bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Fold the flour mixture into the hot sauce mixture.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make the blue cheese buttercream frosting:
- Mix blue cheese on high speed until smooth.
- Add the unsalted butter and mix on high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcake.
Once finished just place a chicken wing on top and serve!